Larry is a project management professional with more than 25 years of experience advising clients on transportation operations, policy, planning, and technology issues. He helps clients analyze and make decisions about transportation and environmental issues.
Larry is an expert in freight transportation and logistics. He has led transportation research across all modes, including truck, rail, waterborne, and air freight. This work includes assessing the economic impact of transportation policies, evaluating transportation programs, improving the tools available for freight planning, conducting outreach to freight stakeholders, analyzing sustainability strategies, and preparing assessments of new technologies.
Larry has managed a broad range of projects for the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), including research on emergency routing, performance measurement, and the visualization of freight transportation data. He supports FHWA’s efforts to improve state and metropolitan planning organization freight planning.
Larry also provides research to advise the Environmental Protection Agency on strategies to improve sustainability, freight resilience, and the measurement of greenhouse emissions from transportation. He has worked with states, local governments, and the private sector on various transportation and environmental initiatives.
(2018). Road Vehicle Automation 5 (Lecture Notes in Mobility) 1st Edition, by Gereon Meyer (Editor), Sven Beiker (Editor). New York City: Springer (A chapter author of “Deployment of Automated Trucking: Challenges and Opportunities”).
- (2017). Guide to Deploying Clean Truck Freight Strategies. National Cooperative Highway Research Program, Washington DC.
- (2016). Challenges to CV\AV Applications in Truck Freight Operations. National Cooperative Highway Research Program, Washington DC.
- (September 2015). Measuring the Impacts of Freight Transportation Improvements on the Economy and Competitiveness. FHWA, Washington DC.
- (2012). Handbook on Applying Environmental Benchmarking in Freight Transportation. National Cooperative Freight Research Program Report 21, Washington DC.
- O’Rourke, Laurence. (2019). American Values: Understanding and Measuring Core Political Values. Acton: Barker Pond Press.