Address mobility challenges quickly with a partner that understands the unique environmental challenges of roadways, bridges, and tunnels. Form solutions based on project delivery expertise that’s backed by federal and state environmental and transportation policy research and development.
For transit and passenger rail
Identify and communicate your project's environmental and community benefits and impacts. Envision multi-modal opportunities to build a successful transit infrastructure. Choose a forward-thinking partner to help move your future-friendly mobility solutions through environmental review and approval.
For freight rail
Expedite capex projects that maintain and expand freight rail networks. Apply federal streamlining measures to complete environmental reviews. Look to the leaders in successful Surface Transportation Board environmental compliance.
Make your budgets work harder with the efficiency of an environmental partner that understands waterfront policy, logistics, science, and resilience. From freight operations to climate change, optimize all facets of your business with strategic regulatory ideas that prepare you for the future.
Explore ICF's resilience solutions. Stay ahead of the fight against threats of terrorism, large-scale technological failure, and severe weather with the integration of specific expertise and agile solutions.
Respond to the infrastructure needs of growing passenger demand with sustainable facility development. Meet federal environmental requirements and craft mitigation approaches that are sensitive to community and environmental concerns. Call on a partner with deep Federal Aviation Administration policy understanding and local compliance expertise.
Environmental services for transportation projects
Evaluate, plan, and mitigate
- Sustainability strategies
- Habitat restoration
- Resource analysis
- Ecosystems planning, implementation, and management
- Habitat conservation planning
- Mitigation planning and banking
- Research and grant application
- Natural resources management (environmental and technical)
- Public benefit programs for cultural resources mitigation initiatives
Permit, coordinate, and implement
- Environmental streamlining
- Stakeholder engagement
- Public comment — CommentWorks®
- Environmental regulatory compliance, impact assessment, document preparation, and permitting
- Environmental project design concepting and assistance
- Environmental education
Monitor and adapt
- Project period monitoring
- Post-project completion monitoring
Environmental client stories
Beyond an environmental consulting firm, ICF is a group of passionate specialists. Resourceful and driven, they do what it takes to carry your project to completion smoothly through scientific, policy, and operational challenges. It’s a lot to ask of an environmental consultant, but it’s a mission for our team.