Habitat and ecological restoration
Collaborating with restoration clients for over 30 years
To be successful, projects must integrate and balance site-specific opportunities and constraints with competing and sometimes conflicting objectives. To resolve this issue, we work collaboratively with our clients to develop restoration designs that address stakeholder concerns, support environmental compliance and permitting requirements, and meet their project and program needs.
Easily report ecological uplift from restoration
Our restoration design solutions include innovative, proven technical approaches that solve complex permitting issues and result in projects that are simpler to construct, shorter in duration, lower in cost, and highly successful. We anticipate post-implementation monitoring requirements, creating project features that can easily be measured for ecological uplift and reported on to regulatory agencies. This means that the site can thrive long after the project has been completed.
Implement restoration projects within budget and on schedule
When it comes to implementation restoration projects, we are experienced with both design-bid-build and integrated design and construction approaches. Our experts develop detailed restoration plans and specifications to guide bidding and construction. For design-build projects, we partner with construction firms to develop initial designs and work on-site with field crews during implementation.
- Mitigation program development
- Watershed assessment and feasibility studies
- Restoration site planning and design
- Aquatic habitat enhancement and fish passage improvement
- Streambank stabilization
- Hydrologic, hydraulic, and sediment transport modeling
- Geomorphic assessment
- Revegetation plans
- Plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Construction oversight and inspection
- Performance monitoring
- Park and trails planning and design
- Stakeholder outreach and facilitation
What sets us apart