Community Development Block Grants – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) grants are the financial lifeline supporting infrastructure projects in the most damaged communities following extreme weather events.
Recipients of these federal funds are facing new changes in requirements as the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) responds to the recent onslaught of natural disasters across the United States.
In order to adequately fund re-development while staying compliant with the law, community leaders must understand and leverage these policy shifts:
- Linking infrastructure recovery to unmet housing needs
- Adhering to green infrastructure policies
- Building long-term resilience against natural hazards
- Ensuring the viability of stormwater management systems
- Using CDBG-DR funds as local share for other federal funds
In this white paper, you’ll learn how to leverage CDBG-DR to the fullest – given your community’s unique social, economic, and cultural challenges.