Sustainable Aviation Fuels: How airlines and investors can maximize value from SAFs
A practical discussion for airlines, airports, policymakers and investors.
This webinar is for airlines who have experience with SAFs, and for the investment community who already invest or are looking to invest in SAFs.
Sustainable Aviation Fuels have a critical role to play in the decarbonization of aviation in coming decades, owing to their significantly lower lifecycle impact on global warming than conventional jet fuel.
Armed with a better understanding of the properties of SAFs, including the advantages and risks associated with each certified pathway, the financing methods available, the various supporting regulations, and the implications of potential future policy changes, airlines and investors should be better prepared to increase SAF usage and/or investment.
But cost is a barrier. We believe that the aviation industry can decrease the cost differential between SAFs and conventional fuels by (1) gradually increasing the diversity and scale of SAF investments and offtake commitments, and (2) leveraging regulatory, reputational, and first-to-market advantages. By embracing these actions, the industry can achieve a much higher uptake and make a crucial step toward a more sustainable recovery.
Join experts from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Air Transport Group (ATAG), and ICF as they discuss:
- How an airline can maximize its SAF value stack.
- The range of SAF-related financing methods available to airlines.
- The different financial characteristics of each certified SAF pathway technology.
- The implications of future policy changes (e.g. blending mandates) on future SAF demand and availability.
- Lessons learned from California, and how these may inform policy elsewhere.
- How interested parties can connect with the right experts across IATA, ATAG, and ICF to support them with their next steps.