Your partner on the ground
Katrina. Sandy. Maria. Harvey. For over 20 years, we’ve been on the ground for some of the most significant natural disasters in U.S. history. Our teams have decades of experience working with federal, state, and local officials to effectively manage complex recovery projects.
If you’re in the path of a disaster, ICF can serve as your trusted partner. With a demonstrated track record of results—and unmatched expertise that helped to write the federal guidelines for disaster recovery compliance—we can help you navigate the federal recovery funding landscape to get the relief you need. We will show you how to apply every dollar to make your community stronger and more resilient in the face of future storms. It is some of the most important work we will ever do. Together.
Supporting communities across the disaster lifecycle
Prepare and plan
Use preparedness, planning, and adaptation strategies to reduce risk and vulnerability in your community.
Take advantage of federal funding to permanently reduce risk from all types of hazards and make the investments you need to flourish.
Manage immediate post-disaster operations to ensure excellent execution and reimbursement eligibility—and prepare for the recovery ahead.
With over 90% local staff, we obligated $1.9B in FEMA funding in the first year, more than any other disaster in U.S. history.
Texas General Land Office
We support the project management, technical assistance, and financial services of the agency’s CDBG-DR program, enabling home rehabilitation or reconstruction.
We maximized funding flexibility to build resiliency into recovery following the most devastating storm of 2012.
- Economic Revitalization
- Using CDBG-DR as match
- Public Assistance
- Hazard Mitigation Assistance
- HMGP (404)
- Pre Disaster Mitigation (PDM)
- Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA)
- Individual Assistance
- Fire Management Assistance Grants (FMAGS)
We help clients maximize the full suite of federal recovery funding dollars including FHWA, EPA, HHS, and SBA.
- Training and technical assistance
- Hazards and risk analysis
- Economic impact analysis
- Risk management and insurance
- Adaptation and resilience solutions
- Determining the administrative model
- Building staff capacity
- Connecting the need with the appropriate solution whether it’s:
- Infrastructure resilience
- Economic revitalization and workforce development
- Public Services
- Communications and outreach
- Environmental reviews and historic preservation
- Intake and eligibility determination
- Project formulation
- Grants and case management
- Procurement and contract management
- Strategies for combining federal recovery sources
- Relocation services
- Reporting and analytics
- Compliance and monitoring
In the news
Getting Ready for Federal Disaster Mitigation Money
New Jersey Extends ICF’s Contract to Support State Disaster Relief Efforts
HUD Selects ICF To Provide Community Development and Capacity Building Assistance
ICF to Acquire DMS Disaster Consultants
To Buyout or Not: What We Learned From Floods in Pennsylvania
Before the Flood: How to Plan and Design Proactive Buyout Programs That Work
Meet our experts
At the intersection of experience and passion. ICF’s team has guided some of the most complex disaster recovery efforts in modern history—bringing their FEMA and HUD expertise to the meaningful work of supporting communities in need.