ICF, together with the British High Commission (BHC) and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), organized a live webinar on how smart metering can reinvent the energy world through greater consumer independence and unprecedented decentralization. The webinar discussed insights on how smart metering is beneficial to both utilities and consumers, making this a win-win scenario.
The webinar began with opening remarks from Dr. Daniel Bradley, first secretary and team leader, The British High Commission (India), and included panelists sharing their experiences and challenges in the smart meter rollout process in India. The discussion touched on how India can learn from the UK’s overall approach, business models, innovations, and handling of associated challenges, with the goal of strengthening the smart metering framework in India.
Moderated by ICF’s Ravi Kantamaneni, the panel discussion included eminent experts such as Mr. Praveer Sinha (CEO & MD, Tata Power), Mr. Sanoj Kumar Jha (secretary, CERC), Mr. M.B. Rajesh Gowda (managing director, BESCOM), Mr. S. Gopal (managing director, EESL), Mr. Kevin Gornall (lead on evaluation and innovation research, BEIS UK), Ms. Chloe Chambraud (senior advisor – International Programme, Behavioural Insights), and Mr Rathin Kukreja (energy efficiency expert, ICF).
In this webinar recording, attendees will hear perspectives on:
- India and UK experience in smart meter rollout and areas of collaboration
- Presentations on:
- Smart metering - empowering the consumer by ICF
- Smart meter deployment in India - challenges and mitigation with large-scale deployment by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
- Opportunities and challenges in the GB smart meter rollout by The Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) UK
- Applying behavioral insights to smart meters by Behavioral Insights