Prominent threats to utilities, especially extreme weather events, are common and increasing. For utilities, understanding the likely impacts from these events is key to protecting our energy infrastructure, ensuring critical systems are able to function, and supporting communities during and after an event.
But what assessment, planning, and investment steps should you take to better protect your assets and operations before extreme weather hits? Drawn from our groundbreaking climate change vulnerability and implementation work with Con Edison, this paper covers topics such as:
- The most critical hazards utilities face, and why many are behind in their response.
- How utilities are making changes and seeing results.
- A breakdown of the $500 billion climate resilience investment gap and what it means for utilities.
- How to communicate the benefits of resilience investment to stakeholders—including for disadvantaged or vulnerable customers.
- Guidance and insight on how utilities can effectively develop resilience plans.
Download your copy now!