Greenhouse Gas Mitigation & Accounting
ICF delivers state-of-the-art greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and mitigation services to clients looking to develop and implement cost-effective strategies to reduce emissions and transition to cleaner technologies.
ICF works with both public- and private-sector clients, including national, state, regional, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and other international entities. We help our clients understand and inventory emissions; develop and respond to mandatory and voluntary emission reduction targets; identify, analyze, and prioritize emission reduction strategies; and track progress over time.
ICF supports every stage of GHG management:
- We are at the forefront of developing methodologies to estimate GHG emissions.
- We design and develop high-quality, robust inventories, consistent with widely accepted and/or mandatory guidelines.
- We help to design, implement, and monitor GHG reporting, monitoring, and verification programs.
- We prepare technical, economic, and public policy analyses to understand the costs and benefits associated with various future scenarios and the impact of proposed policy options.
- We help our clients understand and respond to regulations and policies.
- We collaborate with our clients to set, track, and achieve emission reduction targets.
ICF works with organizations worldwide to design and implement solutions related to GHG management and environmental strategy. We understand the policy drivers that influence GHG mitigation investment and help clients identify and prioritize actions that achieve their targets and support their missions.