As the federal government makes historic investments in infrastructure, energy, and the environment, states and communities are leveraging this expanded funding for critical infrastructure projects. Yet they face a complex, and changing, regulatory and permitting environment.
Through our most recent acquisition of Blanton & Associates, we’ve expanded our environmental planning and permitting capabilities to offer a deeper understanding of environmental regulations. Together, we’ll help more clients quickly execute increasingly complex infrastructure projects, while protecting the environment and maintaining regulatory compliance.
The result? More sustainable communities and an improved way of life.
“Together, we will help agencies quickly execute infrastructure projects, while protecting the environment and maintaining compliance.”
—John Wasson, Chair and CEO
Blanton's multi-disciplinary teams—75+ biologists, scientists, environmental planners, and more—bring proven domain expertise in environmental regulatory compliance and permitting for the transportation, renewable energy, water, and resource management sectors. As a trusted partner to state and local government agencies, as well as renewable energy and mining companies, Blanton expands our regional environmental planning and permitting capabilities and presence in growing markets.
Founded more than 25 years ago as a full-service environmental consulting firm and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Blanton's capabilities are highly complementary to our environmental services and provide synergies with our climate, energy, transportation, and disaster management offerings.
- 25+ years support for Texas Department of Transportation
- Strong U.S. border expertise for bi-national/federal coordination
- 40+ environmental compliance projects for Texas Water Development Board
- Unique expertise in stormwater pollution prevention plans and aquifer/groundwater management
- 500+ solar and wind energy projects across 30 states
- Supported the completion of more than half of Texas' wind energy projects by megawatt and almost 20% of all U.S. land-based wind capacity by megawatt
- Leading provider of habitat conservation plans in Texas
- Specialized expertise in endangered species that drive permitting in Texas