At ICF, we work with our clients to deliver deeper engagement, more confident decisions, and measurable impact. And that’s not just for our own benefit or the bottom line, but for lasting, sustainable change for our communities and the world.
For clients engaged in improving energy efficiency, ICF’s involvement with the Energy Efficiency and Clean Development Program (EECDP) is a perfect place to start for key examples of how we can help international organizations achieve their toughest goals. Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the project is designed to promote sustained and achievable reductions in energy use and associated greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. EECDP supports pilot projects that promote clean energy and energy efficiency at the national, regional, and global level.
Sample pilots include:
- Bangladesh Industrial Energy Efficiency Opportunities Assessment. ICF completed this nine-month project to identify and prioritize improvements and develop associated financing strategies within Bangladesh industrial sectors.
- Central Asian Energy Efficiency Support Program (CAEESP) is a two-year regional program to reduce GHG intensity (and, consequently, emissions) by stimulating investments in energy efficiency technologies and projects in Central Asia.
- Tanzania Energy Efficiency Initiative for Electric Utilities and Building Sectors. ICF is working to build a local utility’s and key customers’ capacity on load management strategies; supporting integrated resource planning (IRP) by developing aggregate demand side management (DSM) potential; and developing a green building initiative to address energy efficiency opportunities related to the boom in civil construction taking place in Dar es Salaam.
- South-East Asia Regional Energy Performance Benchmarking for the Building Sector. This project aims to catalyze a regional solution to reducing energy use in the expanding stock of commercial buildings in Asia through development deployment of a common benchmarking approach and rating tool for the region.
- Global Climate Change Clean Energy Emission Reduction (CLEER) Protocol Project iis developing and testing a protocol for measuring GHG emission reductions resulting from clean energy activities as well as designing an electronic/web-based tool to assist operating units in calculating GHG reductions. CLEER establishes a standardized methodology for determining if and how GHG reductions should be reported for direct and indirect GHGCI clean energy projects.
Related Market and Service Offerings