Cassie helps governments and organizations improve their resilience to climate risks. With over a decade of experience, she develops climate vulnerability assessment techniques and adaptation strategies that feed directly into core decision-making processes. This enables clients to incorporate climate resilience into their day-to-day operations and ultimately manage climate risks internally.
Some of Cassie’s most innovative projects center around infrastructure, transportation systems, and community impact. In her role, she created the industry-standard transportation vulnerability assessment tools for the United States Department of Transportation. She also conducted a first-of-its-kind climate risk assessment for the province of British Columbia and led a groundbreaking analysis of the business case for resilience investments in Miami Beach, Florida.
Cassie is a member of the Transportation Research Board Standing Committee on the Transportation Needs of National Parks and Public Lands and a friend of the Transportation Research Board Special Task Force on Climate Change and Energy.
She graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Environmental Science and Public Policy.
B.S., Environmental Science and Public Policy, Harvard University
- (2020). The business case for the City of Miami Beach stormwater resilience program
- (2019). Preliminary strategic climate risk assessment for British Columbia. British Columbia Climate Action Secretariat, B.C. Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
- (2019). Integrating extreme weather and climate risk into MDOT SHA asset management and planning. Maryland Department of Transportation, State Highway Administration.
- Monioudi, I., Asariotis, R., Becker, A., Bhat, C., Dowding-Gooden, D., Esteban, M., Feyen, L., Mentaschi, L., Nikolaou, A., Nurse, L., Phillips, W., Smith, D., Satoh, M., O'Donnell Trotz, U., Velegrakis, A., Voukouvalas, E., Vousdoukas, M., and Witkop, R. (2018). Climate change impacts on critical international transportation assets of Caribbean Small Island Developing States (SIDS): the case of Jamaica and Saint Lucia, 2018, Regional Environmental Change.
- (2015). Growing stronger: Toward a climate-ready Philadelphia.