Anna is an expert in applied policy research and computational data science with more than 15 years of experience. Her focus areas are human health impact assessment, economic valuation of morbidity and mortality, and AI-assisted systematic review and regulatory discourse analysis.
Anna (Ph.D., MCDS) is an economist and a computational data science expert with more than 15 years of experience in applied environmental, health, and social policy research. She has advanced economics training and a background in statistics, machine learning, and computer science. Anna supports evaluations of regulatory interventions and related research and development projects for United States federal and state agencies and other organizations that work on policy issues, such as the American Lung Association.
Anna has worked extensively on risk assessment and integrated human health impact modeling for many environmental stressors, including climate change, air pollution, and drinking-water quality, as well as tobacco use. She also contributed to research on the economic valuation of morbidity, such as the estimation of specific disease impacts on healthcare utilization, labor market participation, and productivity.
With her background in computational data science, Anna also works on the evaluation, design, and development of predictive analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) systems. Her research focuses on the application of machine learning, natural language processing, and information retrieval methods for automation regulatory policy document analysis and systematic literature reviews.
Anna holds a doctorate in economics from Clark University and a master’s degree in computational data science from Carnegie Mellon University.
Other areas of expertise: Regulatory impact assessment, Risk assessment, Health economics, Natural language processing, Information retrieval, Machine learning, Econometrics, Statistics
- Environmental Health Perspectives. Developing a Health Impact Model for Adult Lead Exposure and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality
- Annals of the American Thoracic Society, 2020. Estimating Lifetime Cost of Illness. An Application to Asthma
- Journal of Water and Health, 2019. Estimated Burden of Disease from Arsenic in Drinking Water Supplied by Domestic Wells in the United States
- First Workshop on AI in the Administrative State, 2019. Segmentation of Rulemaking Documents for Public Notice-and-Comment Process Analysis
- GeoHealth, 2018. Emergency Department Visits and Ambient Temperature: Evaluating the Connection and Projecting Future Outcomes
- Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, 2015. Estimating the Job Impacts of Environmental Regulation