Infocast: Solar + Wind Finance and Investment Summit
Join ICF at Solar + Wind Finance and Investment SummitPhoenix, AZ
To successfully finance a project, developers need lenders, investors, and tax equity providers to fully understand projected performance, revenues, and risks. Our team of experts are available to evaluate an asset’s technology, market value, and potential for return, reviewing all related commercial agreements, designs, site studies, permits, and technical inputs. We are a trustworthy and bankable consultant, offering expertise across a broad set of domains and service areas, including independent engineering, power markets, and transmission considerations.
- EnergyInsite: The data and analytics platform for siting renewable energy
- Wholesale power market curves service
- Retail electricity rate curves
- DER power market services
- Energy strategy, planning, and investment advisory
- How we helped the DOE analyze clean power, hydrogen, and long duration storage markets
Join our session
Panel discussion: At last! The storage ITC is here. Now what?
Tuesday, March 14 | 3:45 PM - 4:30 PM MST
Speaker: Biwan Zhou, Senior Manager, Energy Markets, ICF
Project cost declines and the ability to claim ITC drove storage systems to be co-located with solar for years. This model has been upended by the IRA, as the new ITC incentivizes standalone and could lead to fewer hybrid projects enter the queue. Add to that the effects of the Commerce Department’s Investigation on storage equipment orders, adders encouraging domestic manufacturing and use of local unionized workforce, and new standalone use cases arise for projects in grid optimal locations. The new question is: does storage need solar now?
- How interested is tax equity in standalone storage? What percentage of your capital stack going to be tax equity versus debt or equity investment, etc?
- What’s the value of solar + storage post-IRA? Does solar need storage, and is hybrid still viable?
- To what degree does this open the door to other financeable storage use cases beyond energy arbitrage?
- What are the use cases for storage today, and how might newer technologies be incorporated into the equation in the future?
Meet our experts
- Power markets
- Hydrogen energy
- Energy storage