ICF & GW Research and Evaluation Forum
Academia and the private sector address today's major societal issues
ICF and the George Washington University (GW) co-host a forum series with topics including obesity, bioinformatics, public health preparedness, genetics/genomics, survey methods, and transportation.
The series is a result of a broader memorandum of understanding signed by ICF and GW in 2014. "This broad-based collaboration between GW and ICF is a great model for how industry and academia can combine their strengths to resolve the interdisciplinary approach needed to meet today's challenges," said Tom Russo, GW assistant vice president for industry research. "GW and ICF have worked well together and this collaboration represents a deepening of our relationship to be mutually beneficial to not only GW and ICF but to the entities we support."
- November 1, 2017 - Opioid Use: An Epidemic of Addiction, Not Abuse
ICF and GW will gather academic, industry, and government experts to discuss the underlying issues that complicate America's ability to mitigate addiction.
- October 17, 2016 - Childhood Immunization
ICF and GW hosted an expert panel to discuss the underlying motivations behind immunizing children, national surveillance activities to track progress, and novel approaches to gather immunization data.
- April 27, 2016 - Advancing Novel Research Methods to Improve Children’s Health
ICF and GW hosted an expert panel to discuss research methods around improving children’s health.
- November 23, 2015 - 21st Century Cancer Research: At the Crossroads between Clinical and Population Sciences
ICF and GW brought together an expert panel to explore the contributions of clinical and population sciences to improved cancer outcomes.
- June 9, 2015 - Symposium on mHealth in Health Systems in an Era of Healthcare Transformation
ICF and GW hosted a symposium on how to harness opportunities offered by mHealth and integrate mHealth into health systems to promote individual health and disease management.
- May 6, 2015 - The Rise in E-Cigarette Use: Challenges from a Public Health Perspective
ICF and GW gathered a panel of experts to cover the spectrum of issues related to e-cigarettes.
- January 21, 2015 - Obesity Prevention and Control in Worksite Settings
ICF and GW hosted an expert panel to discuss strategies for obesity prevention and control in worksites.