Lead Technology Engineer
Do you enjoy working in renewables, fuel cells, energy storage, or other generation technologies? How about enabling project developers, financial institutions, and owners/investors to bring online generation projects that support the future of energy around the globe?
ICF’s TECHNICAL ADVISORY TEAM IS DOING JUST THAT! In the last year, we have:
• Provided an independent power producer with models to help determine battery storage system sizing for wind and solar generation sites and evaluation of revenue generation opportunities in various energy markets across the United States;
• Performed new combined cycle and renewable assessments to replace oil generation in West Africa, provided fuel switch, repowering, combined cycle, peaking, and renewable generation replacement analysis including transmission system and power market analysis to understand the impact plant removal from the grid;
• Supported the U.S. Department of Energy through independent reviews for the scaleup and commercialization of novel advanced bioenergy technologies for the manufacturing of advanced/cellulosic biofuels, bioproducts, refinery-compatible intermediates, and pilot- or demonstration-scale projects; and
• Executed due diligence reviews for numerous residential, commercial, and utility-scale renewable energy projects across the United States including commercial agreements, design and technology, generation estimates, environmental and permitting, as well as cost and schedule.
What would you do?
You will be a key member of a client facing consulting team evaluating project needs, identifying critical risks, and providing solutions in support of energy generation development and financing. Your primary responsibilities will entail technical review of major project equipment including key design performance characteristics, supplier history and experience, manufacturing and quality processes, and historical performance and field failure rates. Additionally, you will document equipment reviews in financing reports for project developers, owner/investors, and lenders. Lastly, you will research and investigate the latest equipment technology developments and provide client insights on trends and associated risks.
- Review the design and technical aspects of energy generation system components (solar, wind, storage, bio, or thermal) and their suitability to the project.
- Develop technology reviews for equipment and systems for energy generation projects, including individual components, subsystems, and energy storage systems for financing reports.
- Perform detailed technical research related to the major component development of energy generation projects, critical component technology development, and manufacturing trends.
- Manage independent engineering or owner’s advisory projects including client interaction, ICF team organization, project financials and reporting.
- Develop and maintain relationships among equipment suppliers, O&M providers, third-party test labs, and certification bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field with a focus on energy generation systems.
- 3+ years of experience working in manufacturing or development of equipment for renewable energy projects or electronic component technology development and/or analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes and reliability assessment of equipment including certifications and best practices; third-party testing requirements; bill of materials assessment; and the technical aspects of warranties.
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to varied, non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Master’s degree in engineering or related field with a focus on energy generation systems.
- Experience with solar PV modules, solar PV inverters, solar PV tracking systems, energy storage component technology, manufacturing processes, and reliability assessment of equipment is preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer’s license preferred.
- Experience with utility scale solar and/or energy storage components, design, construction, operation, and/or development a plus.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)