Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Staff Accountant, Consolidations
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking a Staff Accountant to assist in our Consolidations & Global Intercompany areas. This position is located at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA and will report to the Senior Manager, Consolidations & International Accounting. The individual will be responsible for the global intercompany reconciliation related processes, maintenance of the global reconciliation software tool, as well as assist with the monthly consolidations related processes as assigned. The ideal candidate will have strong US GAAP knowledge, previous consolidations and financial reporting experience, intercompany and international accounting experience in a global organization, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, and an ability to work independently and follow up on action items.
- Participate in the preparation of timely and accurate consolidated monthly financial statements in accordance with the US GAAP
- Assist with the month-end close and consolidation process within HFM
- Consolidate, review and analyze subsidiary systems financial submissions
- Record topside/elimination journal entries in Hyperion Financial Management system (HFM) system
- Oversee the global intercompany balances, perform reconciliations, resolve discrepancies, and report out on balances
- Administer the Company tool for balance sheet reconciliations(Blackline); including maintenance, user management and troubleshooting
- Perform analysis of financial data from subsidiary systems, including review of balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Ensure proper accounting of foreign currency related items (CTA, FX gains/losses), including monthly analysis
- Support the internal and external audit and quarterly review process by resolving questions and providing requested schedules in a timely manner
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies & procedures
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks; recommend and implement process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned
- Other special projects as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience with accounting and financial reporting
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint is a must
- Experience with Hyperion preferred
- Consolidations and Intercompany accounting experience in a multi-national corporation
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Blackline or other tools used for reconciliations
- Detail oriented with focus on high quality work product
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Ability to multitask and react to changes in priorities
- Ability to work under time constraints, including "overtime" hours during reporting periods
Fairfax, VA (VA01)