Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks an Environmental Scientist to work within our Regulatory, Economics, Environmental & Energy Services (R3E) team in our Fairfax, VA office. This position will primarily support U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) contracts with the Superfund, Brownfields, and RCRA offices. Our R3E line of business has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal and private sector programs and is seeking recent college graduates to join them.
The successful hire will be responsible for analyzing and assessing data in order to assist with the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. The Environmental Scientist is expected to apply their academic and prior experience/knowledge to a wide variety of projects, and interact with internal and external experts in their field of expertise. The position requires a team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to organize and manage a heavy workload and meet internal and external deadlines.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical and analytical support for technical projects including performing research, Internet, and database searches; compiling, organizing, and synthesizing data and information; and preparing graphs, charts, tables, and figures displaying results.
- Provide general support for the preparation of work products.
- Coordinate work with other team members for the project/program.
- Interact with different clients, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering
- Coursework or experience in environmental science, geology, hydrogeology, chemistry, or remediation-related areas.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel, including displaying data with charts, using formulas, sorting and filtering data, and using SQL
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience supporting technically oriented projects, including conducting quantitative analyses
Preferred skills and experience:
- Knowledge of and interest in the areas of contaminated site characterization and remediation under Federal (e.g., Superfund, RCRA, Brownfields), state, or other cleanup programs.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is desirable, but not mandatory.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)