Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Analyst/Data Scientist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Health, Sciences & Human Services Division
The Health, Sciences & Human Services Division of ICF provides a broad range of services related to Biomedical Informatics support for the Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS) in the DC–metro area. We are currently seeking an experienced, versatile Data Analyst/Data Scientist to support a client project. The Data Analyst/Data Scientist is responsible for analyzing complex data sets to support implementation of innovative
process development/improvement initiatives. This is a highly visible and dynamic position within the project and requires an individual with strong communication skills and the ability to work interactively within a multidisciplinary and collaborative team environment.
This position requires being onsite daily at our client location in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Extracts information from large structured and unstructured data sets to develop business process and capability insights
- Identifies and integrates data from multiple sources to develop models to explain past and current and to predict future process performance
- Develops novel analytical approaches and presentation/visualization to gain insight into business process functions and challenges
- Performs detailed analysis of workflows and processes to identify and quantify improvement opportunities
- Helps to develop key performance metrics and researches and identifies benchmarking and best practice opportunities
- Conducts feasibility studies to determine applicability and likely return on investment (ROI) of process changes/improvement ideas to strategic goals.
- BS/BA Degree in informatics/bioinformatics, computer science, physical science, or a related field. An advanced degree in an applicable field is preferred.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience in process/operational improvement and data analytics in federal government contract environment.
- Advanced technical competency in computer programming, statistical analysis, data modeling, and data science methods, such as machine learning and natural language processing.
- Proficiency with SQL, statistical analysis tools (e.g., R, SAS), and one or more programming languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Java, C) is required.
- Ability to collect, interpret, evaluate, synthesize, and present large amounts of data to develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and/or other related tools.
- Work experience in the physical or life sciences, pharmaceutical or health IT fields is preferred.
- Working knowledge of domestic and international standards for health information management and exchange is preferred.
- Possess positive attitudes and behaviors and contribute to a constructive team culture.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and experience in client management, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)