Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Chief of Party - Tayar Nepal - Improved Disaster Risk Management
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a Chief of Party - Nepal About the project The objective of this five-year, USAID funded DRM Project is to strengthen disaster risk management capacity and institutions in Nepal in a way that is inclusive, makes use of known best practices and technological interventions, and is adaptive to changing circumstances. The support provided in this project will help the government of Nepal to achieve its goal of more disaster resilient development.
About the role:
As the Chief of Party (CoP), you will be responsible for leading the project and achieving the project objectives. The CoP will lead all three components of the project;
1) improving national level systems and institutions
2) building capacity at the municipal level
3) supporting national and municipal level institutions to strengthen disaster response
You’ll be managing a team of people and interacting with internal ICF stakeholders and internal stakeholders such as USAID, government of Nepal ministries.
What you'll need:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (International Development, Urban Planning, Engineering, etc.)
- Expertise in leadership and complex program management, and progressive responsibility managing donor initiatives
- Experience working with USAID would be an asset
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the fields of disaster resilience, urban planning, governance or capacity building
- Experience working in Nepal or in similar contexts would be an asset
How to apply: Please click the link to apply or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating USAID Team Leader – Tayar Nepal - Improved Disaster Risk Management (DRM) in the subject title. Please include details of your current availability.
About ICF ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in Brussels, the UK, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, regulators and international institutions solve complex problems by developing innovative solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing society. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in excellence, collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We are committed to developing skills and career opportunities for our staff and provide a collegial and collaborative working environment. We give our colleagues the opportunity to make a contribution to tackling some of the biggest issues in the world around us.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)