Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager for Population-based HIV Impact Assessment Surveys
In partnership with University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) ICF seeks a project manager for the Population-based HIV Impact (PHIA) Surveys. The successful candidate will have experience managing surveys in low-income countries and expertise in HIV and infectious diseases (TB, COVID-19, etc.) surveys or surveillance, client management, and resource management. The project manager will report to the ICF project director and work closely with the PHIA team. S/he will provide day-to-day management of the project, including leading internal meetings, managing budgets, staff, subcontractors and consultants. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Providing technical and operational guidance for data collection, data management, and data analysis for the PHIA surveys
- Developing and implementing work plans and budgets for PHIA countries, managing staff and subcontractors
- Ensuring coordination of project activities with the PHIA project directors from ICF and UMB to meet the project goals and objectives
- Engaging and communicating with the project teams, clients, donors, and host-country agencies in a timely manner
- Designing and adapting questionnaires and survey protocols, standard operating procedures, and manuals
- Preparing or adapting training materials and working with implementing agencies to train local field staff
- Monitoring data collection, including reviewing computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) data entry systems and reviewing outputs for quality control
- Writing and reviewing technical reports, including country reports
- Presenting technical processes and findings to a variety of audiences
- Master’s or PhD degree in demography, public health, survey methods, nutrition, or HIV and infectious disease epidemiology
- At least 7 years of experience in designing, managing, leading, and coordinating HIV programs, including surveys or surveillance in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience leading HIV prevalence and incidence programs or surveys
- Experience negotiating survey budgets and content with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing teams and individuals in high stress environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with applied statistical packages, preferably STATA, SAS and R.
- Ability to deliver high-quality presentations and written reports
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally in English
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25-30% of time
- Knowledge of and experience complex survey data analysis
- Experience using computer assisted personal interviewing (CAPI)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Organizational and program management skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)