Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Products Manager / National Products Team
Senior Products Manager / National Products Team
Location – Flexible
ICF is seeking a Senior Products Manager to join its National Products Team to support residential products programs and business development efforts in the Utility Programs & Services Division. The Senior Products Manager will work with residential products teams to support their initiatives and drive innovation for their utility clients. This will be accomplished by working with retailers and manufacturers to understand energy efficient product technologies, market potential, sales trends, marketing strategies, etc. This position will also provide oversight and guidance for field merchandising support at retailer locations. Through your industry relationships, you will provide insights to ensure that programs run efficiently and effectively and that we lead the industry in driving innovation in the evolving landscape. The position will be home-based and will require occasional travel to meet with clients, retailers, and manufacturers. The position is intended to have a direct report within the first six months, allowing time to first become accustomed with ICF, the National Products Team, and the programs we support.
- Monitor and track the residential lighting market, understand trends, and provide projections to inform decisions for program staff and clients.
- Drive innovation related to products measures and delivery channels within utility residential portfolios to provide for the delivery of increased energy savings.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with ICF’s program implementation and marketing teams to assess their needs, ensure successful program delivery, resolve issues, and identify and share best practices to facilitate program implementation processes.
- Provide solutions for consistent and efficient program delivery across residential products teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with retailers and manufacturers of program products to obtain industry intelligence, drive innovation, identify pilot opportunities, etc.
- Coordinate with program implementation team to prepare presentations for and participate in client meetings (virtual or in-person).
- Support business development activities by determining delivery strategies for each opportunity then writing content and provide pricing for proposals.
- Contribute to journal articles, white papers, conference presentations, blogs, newsletters, and other activities as a subject matter expert on the industry or other items related to utility residential energy efficiency programs.
To be successful you must have:
- The ability to actively engage others to build strong and collaborative relationships internally and externally with clients, retailers, manufacturers, and other organizations.
- The ability to present information in a compelling way to influence decisions effectively; presentation may be to ICF staff to facilitate their client discussions or to clients directly.
- Sales experience and the initiative to embrace continuous learning toward becoming an expert on the programs and technologies you represent.
- Broad understanding of utility residential energy efficiency programs and the products included in those programs.
- Solid experience with writing persuasive, compelling proposals, including developing of customized and winning strategies, coordinating with ICF’s support functions, and developing pricing.
- The ability to work on issues where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational and client objectives and industry or business trends.
- The ability to adapt to evolving deliverables and priorities and proactively plan for contingencies.
- Bachelor’s degree (Concentration in Engineering, Energy Resources, Sciences, Policy, or Business)
- 8+ years of experience working with residential energy efficient products, with an understanding of the technologies.
- 8+ years of working experience with retailers and manufacturers and understanding the retail industry (online and at brick-and-mortar locations).
- 8+ years managing projects for utilities, state energy offices, state/local governments, and/or regional non-profits.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)