Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Psychologist – Military Health Programs
Military Healthcare, Psychological HEALTH SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
ICF, in collaboration with our teaming partners, is seeking an early – to mid-career PhD- or PsyD-trained Psychologist with 2+ years of experience and a clinical, counseling, or community psychology background for a full-time position located in Silver Spring, MD. The Psychologist, who will be employed by one of our teaming partners, will support our work with the Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) Psychological Health Center of Excellence (PHCoE). This is not a care delivery position. Rather, PHCoE work supports mental health care practioners who serve active duty military, their family members, and veterans seeking care. To that end, this position supports the Department of Defense’s (DoD) clinical community via development (and maintenance) of clinical support products that provide evidence-based information regarding behavioral health practices across the DoD; and by coordinating working groups and events geared toward enhancing mental health care throughout the DoD. He/she will also assist with responding to congressional inquiries, requests for briefs on military mental health from senior leadership and providing other information regarding the state of military mental health, as well as ethical issues related to military health care.
The selected candidate will have demonstrable experience with aspects of behavioral treatment, issues, and techniques with psychological conditions of most relevance to the military (e.g., trauma as a result of combat and/or sexual assault, suicide risk assessment and intervention, substance misuse, etc.). Although not an absolute requirement, the ideal candidate will have experience with military healthcare.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide presentations on military behavioral healthcare that can be delivered both in person and via webinar
- Assist with development of clinical support tools, including written materials providing psychoeducation and overviews of best practices for providers, patients and their families (e.g., Clinical Support Tools and Practice Guides)
- Monitor current research in topics relevant to military mental health
- Support projects that promote a culture of support for Psychological Health and evidence-based practices
- Prepare data for leadership reports, scientific presentations and publications
- Conduct literature reviews and environmental scans to inform decision makers of key findings and gaps in the extant literature
- Carefully document ongoing projects and provide regular updates to leadership
- Maintain active engagement with current developments in the field of clinical psychology and related disciplines
- Provide evidence-informed written responses, sometimes within a very short turn-around time
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- PhD or PsyD in Psychology
- A minimum of 2, full-time, continuous years of relevant Psychological Health professional experience
- Demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to clinical practice
- Capacity to collaborate easily with peers, managers, and clients while leading program development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of client’s timelines and budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- Prior DoD Psychological Health experience within DHA.
- Licensure as a Clinical Psychologist
- Previous peer reviewed publications of relevance to military healthcare
- Ability and experience communicating effectively (speaking and writing) to diverse audiences in order to convey clinical processes, problems, and solutions
- Prior experience as a federal contractor
- Ability and experience writing or developing concise reports, spreadsheets, documents and presentations containing evidence-informed information using common computer-based applications
- Training or experience in project management and/or program management
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)