Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Compliance Automation Specialist
This person’s primary responsibility will be to leverage automated logging and compliance tools in order to identify, alert, and report on suspicious behavior or non-compliance. They will also be involved with product evaluation and various aspects of system administration. This position requires a strong background understanding UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Review and analyze log data using automated correlation tools.
- Work with IT teams to ensure all appropriate logs are being collected from every IT resource.
- Identify anomalous behaviors and set rules to alert stakeholders.
- Validate and investigate logging alerts for remediation or escalation.
- Document and manage incident cases using the automated tools.
- Report enterprise wide configuration compliance using automated tools.
- Ensure automated compliance tools are effective and
- Follow up with IT team proponents in order for them to bring their systems into compliance.
- Research the latest cybersecurity developments and trends
- Collaborate with other members of the IA/scanning team on daily issues.
- Makes recommendations for enhancements to improve efficiency, reliability, and security.
- Test and analyze new Cyber/information security tools
- Provide quality customer service.
- Provide off-hour response to emergency situations.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to secure and maintain Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- DoD 8570 IAM II compliant by obtaining/maintaining required certifications such as; Security+
- A total of 6 years relevant IT experience: 2 years’ experience in Information Systems and/or security experience with at least 2 of those years in network software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP network protocols.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to develop and execute detailed written plans for complex software and hardware implementations.
- Strong ability to develop effective written procedures and SOPs to guide daily operations.
- Familiarity with DoD and Army IAVM policies and procedures.
- Experience documenting technical standards and procedures.
- Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security
- Knowledge of DoD and/Army computer security policies.
- Understanding of hacking techniques and methodology.
- Familiarity with SCAP content.
- First-hand experience with installing and configuring Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently or as part of a team depending on the project.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent problem solving skills.
- Takes Initiative.
- People skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)