Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager/Director, Social Media
@ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. We've spent years building and integrating a set of best-in-class marketing and communications capabilities to be changemakers and drive cultural relevance. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
ICF Next seeks a Senior Manager (Director) - Social Media, with a preference for location in, Chicago, New York or Minneapolis, but may be open for the right candidate. At the center of this role is a passion for creating content and bringing to life ideas and campaigns on social that earn attention.
If you are right for this role, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for creative thinking, being agile, and pushing teams and clients to take risks. You marry those qualities with an appreciation for process, best practices and grounding in an understanding of the landscape of social media and our clients' business. And you will be motivated by the opportunity to play a key role in continuing to elevate a sought-after expertise across large consumer brand accounts.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as trusted social media senior counsel to key account teams, clients and in relevant new business prospects.
- Have a finger on the pulse of today’s ever-changing social media landscape to help our clients innovate and push their brands forward.
- Develop creative channel and content strategies, based on best practices, channel insights, and a native understanding of popular platforms.
- Collaborate with Account leads to consistently deliver plans and programs that drive actionable and measurable results thru engaging social content, influencer programs and integrated campaigns and ideas.
- Contribute deep understanding and fluency of social media landscape to guide creative brainstorming and real-time engagement opportunities for clients, being unafraid of poking holes and pressure testing ideas while delivering creative solutions and pivots, as relevant.
- Manage and mentor junior team members, guiding career growth and coaching to further elevate strategies and deliver flawless execution.
- Work closely with Account and relevant discipline leaders (Creative, Strategy, Analytics, Earned Media, Corporate Affairs) on day-to-day work delivery and growth opportunities, including process improvement, issues management, and other enhancements that drive the business, and the agency, forward.
- Uncover and develop social media thought leadership opportunities, trends and POVs relevant to our clients and their industries.
You’ll bring to it:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience working on iconic consumer brands in multi-faceted digital, advertising or PR, with deep understanding of social media marketing.
- Hunger for staying on top of social media trends and new developments across platforms, and passion for proactively bringing forward to educate teams, clients and fuel ideas.
- Seasoned understanding of nuanced social platforms (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok) and how to effectively develop channel and content strategies based on how unique audiences use them.
- Passion for impactful storytelling across social platforms and translating the messages our clients care about to what matters to their audiences and in today’s culture.
- Strong understanding of how social and digital competencies (e.g. content creation, community management, social listening, analytics, influencer engagement, owned/earned/paid content, digital user experience, web strategy) work together to drive our clients’ businesses forward.
- An understanding of the earned landscape and experience developing social strategies that can propel earned programs and/or drive earned conversation.
- Previous experience influencing the social strategy and clickable, shareworthy content and ideas for iconic consumer brands.
- Highly adaptable workstyle, able to shift quickly in real-time based on changes in priorities, programs and within the landscape to meet client needs.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills, including fluency across short and long form content and self-assured presence with both clients and colleagues.
- Ambition for winning and organically growing social business.
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of tools relevant to social media and influencer strategy planning, execution and measurement/reporting (e.g. Netbase, Sprinklr, HootSuite, social platforms’ native analytics offerings, Tagger, CreatorIQ, Julius).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)