Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Security Engineer
In this role, you will:
Involved in the testing, implementation and operation of secure state-of-the-art internet-facing services, systems, networks, and database products in both hosted and cloud environments. Conduct risk assessments and provides recommendations for system and application design. Participate in a wide range of security activities including event correlation, alerting, vulnerability management, access management, incident response, troubleshooting, infrastructure management, audit support and more.
Provides analysis, evaluations, and recommendations to improve system consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness. Help ensure solution requirements meet timing, technical, and financial constraints. Integrate new features into existing solutions, provides analysis to evaluate existing systems against future needs and trends. Use advanced forensic tools and techniques for investigation and attack reconstruction. Provide recommendations for enhancements to systems, testing, and processes. Interact with other internal groups and external entities including customers, law enforcement, and intelligence/government agencies.
- Operation of infrastructure and application vulnerability detection systems
- Review and validation of vulnerability findings within established timelines
- Work with stakeholders to resolve findings
- Analyze log data for emerging or unusual patterns
- Modify, create, and propose alerts for events of interest
- Monitor common channels for priority communications
- Ensure systems meet documented standards
- Assist with obtaining and creating artifacts for audit and compliance
- Request and incident ticket intake and escalation
- Learn and document common processes with senior resources
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Assist with disaster recovery and incident response testing and processes
- Research and test emerging threats
In this role, you will have:
- 3+ years general technology experience
- 1+ years general security experience
- Familiar with basic information security practices
- Strong desire for growth and development of security skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, react, and think quickly
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Must be flexible enough to work overtime when needed
- Ability to travel 2-3 times a year
- Background in software development
- Scripting and/or automation experience is a plus
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)