Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Public Health IT Project Manager
ICF seeks a Senior IT Project Manager to lead project teams for our Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clients. Work experience should highlight program management, public health informatics, strategic planning, management consulting, business development, and program / project financial management. The consultant will have a proven track record of program / project management experience focusing quality, risk, and innovation management. Experience in external-facing roles with contacts at CDC headquarters, staff divisions, operating divisions, and with industry players is preferred. The candidate should demonstrate program / project delivery experience supporting IT and public health programs and relevant technical experience in program management and management consulting. Work experience should highlight a proven track record of success in leading complex, large-scale technology modernization initiatives, preferably within a cloud-based environment. The candidate should have strong quantitative, analytical and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in management consulting, IT management, information systems, technology consulting and management reporting systems
- Working knowledge of agile (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) and scaled agile methodologies (e.g., SAFe); specialized knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks used to manage risks and issues unique to complex technology projects;
- Experience in strategic planning and solutions implementation
- Change Management and Communication – experienced with defining and executing change management strategies that drive optimal adoption and usage of technology initiatives
- Vendor & Contract Management – experienced with driving cost optimization opportunities within existing and proposed vendor contracts, assessing/communicating vendor effectiveness, and implementing effort to maximize vendor results.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance – experienced with establishing a foundation (roles, responsibilities, methodology, processes, meeting cadences, etc.) for optimizing risk/issue management and compliance to defined program guardrails.
- Training & Enablement – experience defining a strategy to drive increased domain knowledge and self-sufficiency throughout an organization.
- Finance Management – ability to develop Earned Value Management (EVM) reports, review invoices/purchase orders, develop/manage budget/forecast, develop Analyses of Alternatives (AoA), Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA), create a business case which demonstrates the Return on Investment (ROI) achieved by moving forward with the cloud modernization strategy.
- DevOps Optimization/Management – ability to structure/lead an effort to enable DevOps optimization
- Leadership & Flexibility – Ability to lead large, diverse project teams during normal day-to-day operations as well as during emergency response events (e.g., infectious disease outbreaks); may require occasional oversight of after-hours or weekend work
- Ability to prepare project plans, cost, schedule and performance metrics utilizing industry standard project management processes and frameworks (e.g., PMI)
- Ability to develop opportunities, staff project teams, oversee work for clients
- Ability to manage client expectations and produce products that demonstrate results and achieve a high-level of customer service
- The candidate will also conduct briefings, prepare talking points, status reports, and presentations, respond to senior management, and perform other associated duties as required.
- Own and manage all aspects of project lifecycle from assessment, requirements definition, development, quality assurance, deployment and operations and maintenance.
- Manage project budgets, timelines, resourcing and work quality.
- Collaboratively work with client stakeholders to identify, assess and resolve project issues. Mitigate issues and facilitate proactive problem solving with both internal stakeholders and external clients
- Develop supporting communications materials to facilitate discussions with a variety of client stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams within the client organization to align project delivery with other client initiatives
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to identify potential issues and propose solutions to mitigate
- Understanding of public health and/or federal healthcare is strongly preferred
- A proven track record of working closely with senior management to include preparing and documenting analysis for major decisions
- Ability to lead a large, diversified program management team and staff mentorship
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, analytics, and cloud systems
- Experience with the HHS Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) framework
- Demonstrated experience in technical product selection, technical design and practical implementation of IT solutions
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proven leadership ability to in a complex Federal environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified SAFe Agilist (SA), preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma, or Certified Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required; Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Business Administration (MBA), or Equivalent, preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)