Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Policy-Engineering/Regulatory Specialist
Are you looking to work on current and emerging policy issues? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies improve the way they develop and implement regulations, policies, and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy and Economics business portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal and private sector programs and is seeking a Policy Analyst to join them.
Join our multidisciplinary team of policy analysts, economists, attorneys, business analysts, scientists, and engineers. We combine legal, economic, engineering, and scientific research and analysis to solve unique public policy challenges through innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Our dynamic work environment involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, supporting a wide range of clients, and providing a wide range of support services. The position will be located in Fairfax, VA.
Ideal candidates will combine strong quantitative analysis skills necessary for supporting program evaluation, business and regulatory analysis, and cost/benefit estimates, with equally strong research, policy analysis, and writing skills to contribute to policy papers and technical background documents, stakeholder and public comment reports, and regulatory language. Duties may include development of analytical methods, databases, and models to support policy analysis and general program support. This candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team conducting applied research and providing consulting services in support of national-level programs focused primarily on addressing a range of policy issues, including the civilian use of nuclear materials, environmental and resource management issues, transportation, nutrition and food/drug safety, immigration, among others.
What you’ll do…
- Participate in short- and long-term engagements to support federal clients whose responsibilities are to develop policies and craft regulations that implement a desired policy, explain the rationale of the rulemaking to interested parties; and implement the regulatory requirements
- Immersing oneself rapidly in varied projects for multiple clients
- Provide verbal and written progress updates to project staff
- Review literature and other technical reports
- Develop recommendations
- Draft reports and presentations
- Interact with clients
- Master's Degree is required; Seeking Candidates with Engineering and Public Policy degrees, but candidates with other areas of specialization with a combination of strong quantitative and qualitative skills should also apply
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Ability to obtain and maintain a high-level government clearance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented approach
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills preferred
- Ability to use time management strategies to adhere to deadlines
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)