Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director for Commercial Climate Analysis and Planning
ICF is seeking a highly experienced professional to lead our commercial climate change work. As a consultant, you will draw on your understanding of the needs of institutional investors and major corporations to further develop and refine ICF’s service and product offerings, to market ICF’s capabilities, and to establish external partnerships that extend ICF’s reach in this market segment. You will also draw on ICF’s 35 years of ground-breaking experience analyzing our clients’ greenhouse gas emissions and climate risks and helping them decarbonize, increase their resilience to a changing climate, and communicate about their climate actions.
You can be located in DC, NY, LA and we're open to consider an international location as well.
What you’ll be doing…
- Serving as our practice lead for commercial climate analysis and management, and playing a key role in ICF’s commercial ESG work
- Developing and continually refining a strategy that draws on ICF’s strengths in climate change to capture new work in the rapidly expanding commercial climate change consulting market
- Leading the development and use of a wide array of marketing approaches drawing on your extensive contacts in the marketplace
- Providing technical expertise, innovation, and leadership of the products and services developed and offered in this space
- Leading teams executing high priority climate-related assignments on behalf of commercial clients
- Developing partnerships with other greenhouse gas and climate risk analysis providers to enhance ICF’s service offerings and market reach
What you’ll need to have…
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- An extensive network of contacts with institutional investors and major corporations, particularly the parts of those organizations focused on risk management and ESG
- Demonstrated experience in marketing strategy development
- A solid understanding of greenhouse gas emissions sources, mitigation strategies, physical and transition climate risks, and approaches for adapting and increasing resilience
- Technical, budget, and team management experience for complex projects in a consulting environment
- Ability to quantitatively analyze and interpret climate-related data for different sectors and applications
- Excellent writing ability
- Ability to clearly communicate – both orally and in writing – complex information to non-experts, including corporate analysts and decision makers
- Ability to be organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of the framework from the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure
- Demonstrated experience in ESG analysis and communication
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)