Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Power Markets Consultant
Senior Power Markets Consultant
Do you want to help renewable developers find the best locations for their new installations among the rapidly changing U.S. electricity markets? How about working with clients to identify and pursue investment opportunities across a range of potential technologies and market types? And leading the charge on decarbonization strategies for utilities and states and how the grid needs to evolve to enable increasing levels of renewable penetration? If so, join our team in Fairfax, VA!
What would you do?
You will be a key member of a client facing consulting team within the Commercial Energy Practice focused on analyzing transmission markets, renewable energy strategies and energy systems modeling. You will be primarily responsible for leading tasks, coordinating modeling teams and managing projects that deliver solutions to identified client problems, including review and presentation of analytical findings. You will work with managers as well as Junior staff to coordinate the deployment of a variety of analytical and modeling techniques to develop forecasts of electricity market dynamics and to develop assessments of existing and proposed renewable generation and transmission resources.
We are looking for seasoned professionals who can apply their energy market knowledge, analytic problem solving, and modeling skills, to address the key strategic challenges of utilities, developers, and investors as they face rapidly changing energy markets.
- 3-5 years of work experience in energy market forecasting and analysis
- 2+ years of experience with nodal electricity market and powerflow tools (e.g., PROMOD, PSLF, PSSE, UPLAN, POWERGEM )
- Graduate degree, preferably in electrical engineering, but will also consider other engineering degrees, operations research, or economics
- Strong analytical aptitude, experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Financial analysis
- Consulting experience, including project management, client exposure and staff oversight responsibilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools and/or programming languages, such as R, Python, VBA, Tableau, Power BI)
- Business development experience, including proposal development and project scoping
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)