Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Transportation & Energy Consultant
ICF is seeking a Senior Transportation & Energy Consultant to join our Transportation team. Our team takes on transportation challenges across the globe—delivering innovative solutions to communities, consumers, and their governments. Our experts develop transportation solutions that promote sustainable travel and goods movement, improve safety, reduce emissions and energy consumption, optimize existing systems, and empower users with real-time information to make informed choices.
ICF is seeking a Senior Transportation & Energy Consultant to lead consulting projects related to alternative and low carbon fuels for government, utility, and commercial clients. The Senior Consultant will be responsible for helping shape critical programs for the next era of transportation and energy policies that will impact our communities and our world. The position involves working as part of a team that develops, implements, and evaluates clean transportation technologies, strategies, and programs.
This position will be remote as we continue to move through the pandemic, but once on-site work resumes, we prefer that the work location be based in one of ICF’s California offices. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important mission and work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
The Senior Transportation & Energy Consultant will lead the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. Existing knowledge of and experience working with natural gas utilities is desired. The candidate will also be responsible for leading and supporting the pursuit of new business opportunities with government and commercial clients.
What a Successful Candidate will need to have...
- Federal and state clean fuel standards and associated markets
- Renewable natural gas feedstocks and markets
- Life-cycle assessment of transportation fuels
- Greenhouse gas emission reduction strategies
- Economic impacts of clean vehicle and fuels programs
What you will be doing . . .
- Developing innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working as part of a team
- Strategic planning
- Data collection and analysis
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Developing reports and presentations
- Interacting and communicating with clients
- Developing new business, including generating leads and writing proposals
- Advise ICF leadership regarding market trends
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience in the transportation field
- Master’s degree in engineering, chemistry, physics, or related field
- Strong understanding of policy and regulatory context surrounding transportation energy, air quality, and climate change issues
- Understanding of public agency consulting
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience in the federal and state clean fuel standards and associated markets
- Experience in the renewable natural gas feedstocks and markets
- Experience with life-cycle assessment of transportation fuels
- Experience working greenhouse gas emission reduction strategies
- Experience with economic impacts of clean vehicle and fuels programs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Francisco, CA (CA78)