Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior User Experience Designer (Freelance)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring an a Freelance Senior User Experience Designer.
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you are:
- A contributor to the strategic development of our experience design practice. You will be responsible for demonstrating research, UX/UI design and usability thought leadership to our clients, developing strategic business requirements for customer experience driven projects, creating project deliverables and collaborating closely with teams to bring the digital solutions to life.
- A Designer and technologist, equally excited in developing beautiful experiences with our team, or complex e-commerce user flows.
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will have:
- 6+ years of professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions.
- Experience working collaboratively to build great user experiences.
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, prototypes, and details designs informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas.
- Proven ability to solve complex UX problems and the product strategy skills to deliver best-in-class visual design solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and owning wireframes, prototypes and information architectures for digital applications, utilizing tools such as Figma or Adobe XD
- Demostrate experience conducting user testing and user research.
- Skilled with common design tools to publish UX concepts and ideas
- Incredible attention to detail, and precision in all client work
- Skilled in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Engaging team player, excited to collaborate and self-start new ideas and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in Design, Computer Science, Marketing, Graphic Design or similar.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of software development practices and how design fits in with the process.
- Data-driven decision making and the research needed to gain insights in customer behavior
- Understanding of online marketing and web analytics
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statementto view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Richmond, VA (VA29)