Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF specializes in identifying and quantifying the effects of chemicals and pathogens on human health and the environment. We provide high-end technical services and in-depth analyses to help clients review and evaluate a wide range of issues. Our toxicology, exposure, and risk assessment work addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous and toxic substances. Our Environmental Health Science group is seeking an on-call Health Scientist Consultant who has an advanced degree in environmental health, epidemiology, or a related discipline to support our Health Science portfolio on systematic literature reviews of chemical pollutants.
- Provide review and analysis of technical information to the project team.
- Provide input and advice for technical approaches to projects.
- Conduct quality control reviews of work conducted by junior or mid-level staff.
- Assist project managers and other senior scientists in the delivery of high-quality technical documents to clients.
- Advanced degree in environmental science, epidemiology, or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in environmental health and human health risk assessment.
- Expertise in environmental health, epidemiology, and public health.
- Understanding of systematic review principles as they apply to environmental health assessment, including experience drafting systematic review protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects.
The job does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)