Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Cyber Threat Analyst
ICF seeks a Senior Cyber Threat analyst to support research and operational responsibilities involved in developing novel solutions to challenging problems in the fields of network analysis, network intrusion detection, and network intrusion prevention. The position provides the opportunity to perform research into current and future cyber threats facing our clients, interface with the wider cyber threat intelligence/analysis field, and to brief client senior leadership, customers, and peer colleagues.
- Rapidly develop proof-of-concept or prototypes of analytical methods and work closely with developers to automate these methods.
- Collect, analyze and evaluate data in a variety of formats.
- Understand complex and emerging topics in cyber security
- Convey complex topics in cyber security to individuals in technical positions as well as those in senior leadership.
- Apply expertise in networking or cybersecurity as well as other disciplines to meet emerging needs and challenges.
- Work collaboratively with a team or as an individual on each assigned project to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Application of analytical methods to collected network data, various log types, IDS system alerts, and other data sources
- Application of knowledge in networking and cybersecurity fields as well as other disciplines to meet emerging needs and challenges
- Accurately analyze common network protocols and indicators in order to derive meaningful information and conclusions
- Use the products of analysis and third-party data to update IDS detection capabilities or develop new detection methods to fill coverage gaps
- Write about complex topics in a clear, concise manner
- Serve in a liaison capacity to law enforcement and CI organizations, to include providing assistance and expertise as needed while balancing stakeholder interests.
- Perform cyber threat analysis and trend tracking
- Conduct feasibility studies and product evaluation
- Security Clearance required.
- DOD 8570 Compliance, or the ability to quickly obtain and maintain active security certifications: (CEH, DFR, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, or SCYBER) and IAT II (CCNA, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+, or SSCP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8 years relevant experience involving deep understanding of network protocols and technologies as it applies to network security, network intrusion detection, and mitigation.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking capability
- Ability to identify knowledge gaps and demonstrate initiative to remedy these gaps
- Ability to operate semi-independently within a very small team to accomplish objectives and support the mission
- Prior familiarity with hunt methodology and techniques
- Proven capability of adapting to the challenges presented by a rapidly changing threat environment.
- Data analytics capabilities, particularly in use of ELK or other similar data analytics platform
- Experience working closely with law enforcement during the investigation of network security incidents.
- Experience working on investigations involving insider threat.
- High Level Clearance required Experience working with a multi-agency task force.
- Basic systems administration knowledge.
- Knowledge of DoD CSSP operations and requirements
- Prior public speaking experience
- Experience with network and log analysis in both traditional networks and cloud environments from a variety of cloud service provider
- Prior technical writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)