Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
SME Operational Planning and Cyber Doctrine
ICF is seeking an experienced Operational Planning and Cyber Doctrine subject matter expert (SME) possessing deep and broad experience and understanding of Executive Branch and industry cybersecurity issues, policy, and doctrine. Areas of expertise required of the SME include development of strategic cybersecurity resilience planning to counter both long-standing and immediate threats, and alignment of strategies to agency-wide planning activities. The SME will develop strategic approaches to strengthen the ability of critical infrastructure to withstand cyber threats through U.S. Government-Private Sector understanding, situational awareness, information sharing, and joint preparedness. The SME will develop agency contributions to joint campaign plans countering cyber threats to U.S. critical infrastructure. In addition, the Operational Planning and Cyber Doctrine SME will analyze organizational cyber governance policy and doctrine, and develop and implement plans to improve, streamline, optimize and align agency internal operational processes.
- Develop and implement a framework for the planning, execution, and prioritization of cyber operations resources and capabilities.
- Develop and coordinate formal plans for cybersecurity operations. These plans are synchronized with and as appropriate, align to, agency-wide planning efforts as well as those of Department and Federal law enforcement, intelligence, and national security agencies.
- Support the development of campaign and operational plans with international governments that address security risks to the US and foreign partners.
- Support the development of joint plans with the intelligence community to counter malicious cyber activity targeting U.S. elections and other critical infrastructure targets.
- Coordinate among agency divisions and Cybersecurity Division elements to facilitate operational planning that aligns with policy guidance and agency priorities and authorities.
- Contribute to the development of agency response to in response to threats, vulnerabilities and incidents of national and international significance, operational events and issues impacting agency cyber equities.
- Develop a Stakeholder Engagement Plan and an After-Action Report for all planned operations and events.
- Provide support to coordinate division operations during significant cyber events and incidents.
- Identify the scope of required doctrine and develop agency and department-level working groups to ensure representation from all agency cyber entities.
- Research and analyze existing USG policy and doctrine to identify gaps and inform agency’s doctrine development efforts.
- Support the effort to define, identify, and document agency and cybersecurity department Operational Roles and Priorities.
- Lead and support working groups convened to develop inputs to agency and cybersecurity department Cyber Doctrine.
- Develop and implement agency cyber operational doctrine that identifies and documents the alignment of agency authorities, responsibilities and capabilities within the larger US government priorities and identifies the agency’s operational processes. Implement wide adoption of doctrine, to include development and maintenance of documentation and tracking mechanisms.
- Provide research, analysis and recommendations on existing cyber policy and doctrine.
- Develop Preparatory Briefings and Talking Points.
- Awareness of current and developing IT and cybersecurity concerns and trends, federal and industry cyber regulatory compliance requirements
- Awareness of current and emerging IT and cybersecurity strategies, policies, and related doctrine in both federal and private sectors
- An innovative and creative thinker who can get to the essence of the matter and communicate concisely and in an engaging manner.
- Business acumen, change management, project, and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to develop clear and concise presentations, reports, and dashboards to inform upper management of relevant metrics and trends.
- Ability to proactively obtain and leverage new and current information to efficiently achieve team and corporate goals.
- Proficiency with usage of Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and others.
- Experience developing and managing SharePoint sites and content.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities, project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, information systems and security, or a related discipline
- Ten (10) years’ experience with cybersecurity as primary responsibility
- Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for prudent service delivery
- Works independently with minimal guidance to drive projects to completion, while also working collaboratively with the team to achieve strategic goals
- Professional, clear, and concise verbal and written communication to internal customers, subject matter experts, upper management, and other audiences
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, attention to detail and consultative skills
- A collaborative team player who will solicit and offer input and support decision-making.
- An action-oriented, execution driven person would be ideal.
- Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization) and employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities.
- Position requires access to sensitive confidential material; Integrity and discretion are mandatory.
- Comfortable working in a continuously changing, fast-pace environment - balancing multiple priorities, special projects, and other activities.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the business including both technical and non-technical staff, management, and senior leadership.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)