Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Modernization Business Leader
We seek a Senior Leader to grow and manage a portfolio within our expanding IT Modernization Practice. This individual will lead a portfolio of Application and Portfolio Modernization projects focused on Federal Civilian markets and primarily support the ITG Division of ICF. The ideal candidate will be a proven IT Leader with a track record of superior client service delivery and growth. This position will report directly to the Division Lead and work with other members of the leadership team in the development of short and long-term strategic plans.
This position will oversee a successful portfolio of established and growing customer accounts in the Federal sector. Responsibilities include successful delivery, customer satisfaction, and growing and retaining a cadre of key talent as well as partnering with the division’s business development team to develop and execute a strategic plan to grow the assigned portfolio. This individual must possess “seller/doer” leadership skills but will complement them with the broader vision to lead and grow the business. Candidate must be able to translate evolving Federal agency requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships.
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven experience leading a Federal professional services organization, including recruiting and developing subject matter experts and managers to meet market demands and scale the business
• Excellent industry/customer knowledge and a demonstrated track record of success developing and leading growth initiatives and winning complex It modernization solutions opportunities within the Federal market
• Significant experience winning and leading strategic IT modernization and program management opportunities, especially with civilian agencies• A strong personal brand with visibility in the market with both customers and key talent
Specific responsibilities to include:
• Lead, manage, and aggressively grow a P&L with approximately $40M in revenue and 120+ employees distributed across several states
• Provide strategic direction and leadership for your portfolio’s growth, streamlining delivery and operational initiatives, and effectively leveraging company-wide resources
• Achieve division-level operating margin contribution goals through strategic pricing, coupled with cost-effective program implementation
• Oversee division delivery of client commitments, ensure effective program and excellence in project quality review processes, and drive a customer satisfaction culture. Empower your teams to manage a seamless transition from sales to service delivery.
• Drive organizational capability by developing division leadership team members, identify emerging leaders, driving investment in new senior talent, and ensuring high levels of employee engagement across the business• Enhance the division’s visibility with clients through leadership in innovation and advancement of state-of-the-art services and solutions. Guide the development of new offerings to capitalize on market/client opportunities
• 15+ years of progressively responsible general management experience in professional services and technology solutions as well as P&L management within the Federal Sector
• Demonstrated experience leading and growing an application and portfolio modernization business unit
• Broad knowledge of the Federal IT modernization and data analytics marketplace
• Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful growth strategies with relevant technology-oriented professional services businesses
• Experience as both a ‘seller-doer” and in working closely with business development teams on large-scale capture strategies and proposals
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree with a preference in Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering, Technology
• Master’s degree• Experience and knowledge of SaaS and PaaS software
• Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
• Ability to collaborate and motivate with project teams and work with all levels of internal staff
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with senior executives and clients• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)