Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Manager, Distributed Grid Strategy
Manager, Distributed Grid StrategySan Francisco or Remote
Do you have experience in Distributed Energy Resources (DER) and regulatory energy policy? Our Advisory Services practice is hiring a motivated Manager interested in helping grow our practice!
Our work is focused on supporting clients on aspects of regulatory strategy and utility business model innovation. Working with a team of senior managers and junior staff, your role will be to manage the continued development of ICF’s Distributed Grid Strategy practice, and to help deliver strategic and practical solutions to our clients’ challenges. You will support ICF’s work on regulatory strategy, pricing mechanisms, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning in close collaboration with ICF’s leading experts in asset management, infrastructure planning, distribution operations and customer experience. You will plan, market, sell, and deliver innovative, best-in-class consulting solutions in the power sector with a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach that integrates strategic and technical advisory services to utility companies, NGOs and government agencies. As part of your role you will also lead consulting assignments and support all levels of project staff, with increasing responsibility for project management and client engagement. You will have an opportunity to apply your experience and knowledge with project management, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills.
This is a full-time position, and we are ready to hire immediately!! Location is flexible, with a preference for West Coast applicants. This is a consulting position with expectations for travel and on-site client support once it is safe to do so.
What you will do:
- Policy and economic analysis, regulatory research and support focused on electric distribution and distributed energy resources such as solar PV, energy storage, and demand response.
- Lead, coach and share best practices with other ICF colleagues
- Work closely with our practice leads and our marketing function to support the continued development of ICF’s DER service offering
- Leverage knowledge of utility regulation and energy policy in the management of technical consulting assignments, including shaping regulatory strategy, outlining and drafting deliverables, managing the budget, and directing project staff
- Establish yourself as a thought leader through external publications and presentations that showcase ICF’s regulatory leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Political Science, or related field
- 7+ years of related energy industry experience
- Demonstrable experience of opportunity identification through research / analysis
- Track record working on regulatory issues related to ratemaking, regulatory filing support and strategic analysis
- Direct experience with the electric power utility sector
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Political Science or related disciplines
- Experience with complex stakeholder engagement processes
- Demonstrable experience in utility product development and pilot support, including regulatory filings
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects and multidisciplinary teams
- Expertise in the areas of market design, ratemaking, rate design and innovative pricing solutions
- Prior consulting/commercial project management experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)