Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Project Manager
We are looking for a IT Project Manager/Business Analyst to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract. This position will work on client site in Arlington, VA (remotely during COVID-19).
What you will be doing:
- Serve as an IT Project Manager with a focus on managing and delivering on IT projects and initiatives.
- Develop, review and analyze project management documents that include but not limited to Project Charters, Project Management Plans and supporting plans, Risk Management Plans, Communication/Training Plans, Business Cases etc. according to organizational standards
- Influence effectively between the Business IT to support delivery, risk mitigation, change management, and issue resolution
- Approve or modify existing system design and architecture plans and documentation to ensure forward compatibility and compliance with established standards
- Lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or system problems using solid systems architectural and systems engineering principles
- Provide advice and assistance on relevant technical subjects, contract solicitation and contract management to infrastructure IT management and executive leadership
- Analyze alternative options and recommending the most suitable and economically feasible for the project
- Maintain and present project status reports, seeking direction from management, as appropriate.
- Elicit, document and manage the business capabilities, features and selection criteria for the FDIC business systems
- Conduct workshops, facilitate meetings, prepare documents and executive briefings, and propose recommendations
- Facilitate and conduct workshops to achieve business requirements gathering, as well as analysis of current problems and business needs
- Develop, manage and maintain all work products and deliverables from creation to finalization
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree required
- 10 years of IT Projects management experience including business process management, financial reporting and sourcing & contracting management
- 8 years of Enterprise and infrastructure experience coordinating operations of multiple technical environments with cross functional teams, including network engineering, operations, support, and facilities management.
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment
- Demonstrated experience with gathering requirements, compiling metrics, assessing solution readiness, performing research and analysis, and providing program support
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
- Experience with data center operations (hosted, co-located, cloud, hybrid)
- Experience with large dataset analysis and Extract, Transform and, Load (ETL)
- Operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting.
- Ability to get the respect of the senior technical teams to lead projects, coordinate teams and handle issues and problems effectively in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand people and technologies and to know what questions to ask to guide someone through solving a problem.
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Solid oral and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio) and project management software (e.g., Primavera, or similar)
- Working understanding of federal data services models and frameworks to support the project team to meet client requirements
- Exceptional communication and personal skills, both written, verbal and while presenting to groups, including C-level executives
- Solid understanding of the commercial IT market for hardware and software
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership to set and manage realistic program goals and metrics
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)