Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Researcher-Education, On-Call | Work From Home
ICF is seeking an on-call Researcher to work within our Youth and Adult Education (YAE) Portfolio. YAE provides federal, state, and other clients with a wide range of technical assistance, research and evaluation services. Our work focuses on important education policy issues; uses proven and innovative methods for delivering high-quality, timely technical assistance; seeks to inform education stakeholders of best practices; and involves working closely with clients to ensure our services are relevant, useful, and make a difference.
As a Researcher, you will apply your academic knowledge and work experience to a variety of projects related to K-12 education, higher education, adult, and consumer education. You will be heavily involved in developing methodological and analytic approaches; collecting data collection and conducting analyses; developing instruments development; writing reports; providing technical assistance related to evaluation; and other tasks as required. Candidates must be able to lead multiple tasks with competing deadlines, be versed in a wide variety of education issues and research and technical assistance strategies, maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues, and play an integral role in proposal development.
Senior Researchers are responsible for the analysis, and reporting of data through surveys, focus groups, interviews, site visits and classroom observations. They are also responsible for providing technical assistance to client in program implementation through one-on-one coaching, group learning facilitation and webinar presentation.
- Doctoral degree in education, social sciences, or public administration.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting or conducting research and technical assistance in the social programs, preferably in education.
- Experience in Regional Education Labs (REL), or contract work with US Department of Education’s Institute of Educational Sciences (IES)
- Experience with developing study designs and analytic approaches
- Experience with data collection, administering surveys, interviews, focus groups, or observations
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality written products.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical programs such as SAS, SPSS, R
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Federal or state government programs, specifically in the K-12 education, higher education, adult and consumer education settings
- What Works Clearinghouse certification
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Experience leading projects
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work limited overtime as necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and lead tasks.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)