Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Commercial Energy Intern
ICF Commercial Energy Interns contribute to the development of innovative, analytical, high quality and commercially relevant products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. Our Interns are given opportunities to work on assignments that foster growth and allow them to develop solutions within the power, gas, renewable energy, and distributed resources sectors. Through client engagements, colleague and peer interactions, and specialized training, ICF Interns develop subject matter expertise and project management skills.
We are currently hiring for Commercial Energy Interns to join our teams in Summer 2021.
As a Commercial Energy Intern, you will:
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy and environmental markets
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and databases
- Evaluate the impact of future regulation and support the development of client strategies to manage change
- Write analysis for major corporate and government clients deliverables
- Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
As a Commercial Energy Intern, you will have:
- The ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to non-technical personnel
- Strong interest in one or more of these areas: energy economics, finance, energy efficiency analytics, climate change, and policy
- Basic knowledge of R, Python and/or other coding languages
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or a Master’s degree program in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related quantitative field
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)