Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Data and Statistical Programmer
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF’s Survey Research Practice works regularly with federal and state government, nonprofit, for-profit, and academic clients such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Cancer Institute, the National Science Foundation, multiple state and city health departments, and multiple health nonprofits. The position will be involved in cutting-edge survey research addressing many of today’s pressing public health, energy, and scientific development challenges. If you are seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Safety of our employees are our top priority, due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home, are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and management leadership.
ICF’s Data Management and Statistics team (within ICF’s Survey Research Practice) is seeking a Senior Data and Statistical Programmer to provide statistical programming and data management support on a range of projects including public health, housing, military and veteran’s issues, energy, transportation, environment, and social and economic policy.
Successful candidates should have experience in leading data management tasks including extraction, transfer, and load (ETL) processing, coding, reviewing data, and producing written technical documentation. Additionally, they will have some experience conducting univariate, bivariate (e.g., Chi-squared, T-test, etc.) and multivariate analysis (e.g., logistic regression), and calculating survey weights.
- Develop efficient solutions to complex data management problems:
- Import, clean, and transform data
- Develop complex conditional logic
- Combine and aggregate multiple sources of data
- Write and modify SAS macros
- Develop and implement quality control procedures
- Develop documentation including data user’s guides, codebooks, and public use dataset documentation
- Produce reports and deliverable files for clients, including data quality reports
- Collaborate with statisticians to prepare data for analysis and reporting
- Work closely with project managers, clients, and stakeholders
- Help transform client requests into technical specifications
- Explain complex concepts to wide range of audiences
- Work in a collaborative environment with colleagues from a diverse background
- Provide oversight and supervision of junior technical staff
- Contribute to and support development of competitive proposals and other technical writing products
- Completed Master’s degree program in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, or other relevant statistical or social science field
- At least 5-7 years of applied and demonstrable data management experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data transformations (aggregating, transposing, and merging)
- Strong knowledge of SAS including ability to write macros is required (SAS certifications are a plus!)
- Ability to communicate with internal and external clients at all levels to obtain or clarify project requirements
- Ability to write technical documentation for internal and external clients.
- Strong interest in survey research
- Advanced SAS certification
- Fluency in data merging techniques using PROC SQL
- Familiarity with other statistical programming or scripting languages (R, SPSS, Stata, Python)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills as it pertains to data quality and programming.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)