Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is currently seeking a talented Technical Specialist to support a large federal IT system modernization program to improve the lives of children in foster care. You will work with our customer and program subject matter experts to understand the business goals and objectives of the system. The Technical Specialist will provide support in the operation and maintenance of CB data reporting systems. Expected travel is approximately 8 trips per year in which one or more of the onsite technical resources may participate, averaging 5 days per trip. All travel will be within the United States and US Territories. Location: Washington, DC.
- Conducting ongoing reviews and assessments of system functionality and performance
- Proposing and implementing solutions (if required) to modify or enhance system functionality
- Monitoring life cycle and compatibility of system specific software and developmental software with OCIO and end users
- Monitoring the respective systems for potential issues and troubleshoot problems external to the system that may interrupt some or all the processing of incoming and outgoing files
- Conduct a broad array of system operations/maintenance, technical support, technical reviews, and development of various training and technical assistance products in support of CB’s data reporting systems
- Participate in periodic security assessments
- Assisting in the development of change requests and ACF/OCIO project charter documentation and artifacts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- US Citizenship
- Possesses 5+ years of experience in reviewing large information systems
- 2+ years’ experience analyzing legacy systems (code, requirements, functional outputs) in order to develop baseline system requirements
- Familiarity with federal cybersecurity requirements
- Familiarity/some experience with UNIX environment
- Familiarity/some experience with C programming language
- Knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Familiarity/some experience with ORACLE and ORACLE tools, specifically SQLLOADER and SQLPLUS
- Familiarity/some experience SQL and ORACLE extensions to SQL
- Familiarity/some experience PowerBuilder
- Knowledge of Managed File Transfer software or other secure electronic data transfer protocol software
- Knowledge of web programming
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)