Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a DevOps Architect. This position is open be to being remote!
- Design: Review incoming initiatives and design solutions for large and medium scale projects. This includes selection and review of technology frameworks/architecture to be used on projects.
- Coach: Provide thought leadership among the engineering team. Engage and grow engineers through new and complex solutions. Review work and processes for opportunities to improve.
- Implement: Develop and implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and faced paced team environment.
- Requirements: work with Development teams, Project Manager and other engineering team members to break down project requirements into development tasks. Provide scope/estimates.
- Code Reviews: Establish and enforce best practices, code guidelines and ensure code quality is up to standards.
- Documentation: participate in the discovery of new projects and create architectural diagrams and document technical requirements.
- Continuous Improvement: passion for increasing quality and driving business value while simultaneously decreasing the effort to get there.
- Communicate: share knowledge and thought leadership to the rest of the organization, including strategic technical direction as well as professional development opportunities.
As a DevOps Architect, you will have:
- 8+ years of progressive experience and in software development, systems administration, engineering infrastructure as code, and architecture responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience in data center architecture and cloud IaaS environments
- Extensive knowledge of the software development landscape and experience changing the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to appropriately target information across technical audiences, clients and executive leaders.
- Intimate familiarity with architecting solutions on cloud computing platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Extensive experience with various tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Subversion, Git, Docker and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform. Chef is preferred.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages including Shell, PHP and/or Python
- Proficient in one or more of the following monitoring and logging tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Logstash, Graphite, Splunk. Splunk is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of containerization orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Azure Container Services and/or Openshift
- Strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Possess a bias for action when breaking down complex problems and tackling new technologies.
- Thought leader on Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how any given DevOps approach facilitates these practices to drive business goals.
- Great sense of humor, charisma and the ability to work hard without compromising on fun!
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL11)