Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Managing Consultant - EU & UK regulatory policies
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Managing Consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates regulatory policies including – but not restricted to – policies for the food chain.
The practice works extensively for the European Commission and its agencies, as well as UK Government departments and agencies. It tackles issues at the top of today’s policy agenda, including climate change, waste and the circular economy, international trade, disruptive technologies and regulatory innovation.
We are looking for an intellectually curious and very well organised individual, with an ability to see the many dimensions of a policy problem and to engage and work with leading thematic experts.
What you’ll get to do:
From day one, you will have the opportunity to win, manage and deliver a diverse range of policy projects for the European Commission and UK Government. You will deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, including managing others’ contributions and delivery.
You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded analysts and project managers. You will work in an international environment in which more than 30 nationalities are represented. You will be contributing innovative ideas and practices to the business, helping achieve excellent, cutting edge research and expanding ICF’s work into new areas. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with public sector clients to understand and address their needs
- Lead proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets
- Oversee policy and/or economic research, analysis and evaluation
- Manage project budgets, project teams including subcontractors, and the delivery of project outputs to the client
- Deliver high quality research and analysis
- Manage and develop junior members of the team
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships
- Contribute to the wider leadership and management of the practice area within which this role sits
What you'll need to succeed:
You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a wide range of interests and are quick to develop a nuanced understanding of complex issues. You have a proven track record in contributing to impact assessments, evaluations and/or research projects. You are self-motivated, independent and able to manage a varied workload to deadlines without compromising quality.
Your experience could have been gained delivering research work in government or a regulatory agency, the European Commission, academia, the private sector or the third sector.
You will have:
- Experience of a minimum of 8 years
- Experience of leading large and complex projects / teams
- Experience of writing competitive bids (or research grant applications), managing budgets, tasks, and client interactions
- Ability to develop and convey expertise on a topic
- Ability to think through the methodological challenges of investigating a topic
- Good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- Ability to write quickly and to communicate with others in excellent English (additional European languages would be an asset)
- Experience in one or more regulatory sectors
- Experience and/or knowledge of food policies would be beneficial but not essential
- A relevant university degree
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)