Senior Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
ICF is a growth-oriented company with revenues of $1.5B and we are seeking a Vice President, Finance for FP&A to lead the strategic direction and functional operation of the FP&A team in Fairfax, VA. Working closely with the CFO and with the most senior members of management, you will be responsible for understanding key business drivers for long-term sustainable growth, as well as developing specific policies, predictive analytics, and reporting tools to support the Company in achieving that growth. You will help ensure ICF is optimally positioned to make innovative decisions that optimize resource allocation, growth investments and risk management.
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and perform an essential function within the Financial Leadership Team, helping build consensus and commitment necessary to ensure effective implementation across corporate functions and operating groups. You will manage a team of professional staff and be responsible for garnering direct support from the Operating Groups where specific business expertise and knowledge of the market is needed. This position offers excellent growth opportunities within a progressive and fast-growing company.
Financial Forecasting and Planning:
- Develop and maintain annual plan (budget) including the periodic (monthly/quarterly) forecast requirements, schedule, instructions, and guidance to both Operating Groups and Corporate Organizations.
- Manage timely and accurate completion of consolidated financial plans and quarterly forecasts.
- Summarize the consolidated annual plan, evaluate, make recommendations, and present consolidated results for management review.
- Develop standard analytical tools to further aid Operating Groups in their financial planning and analysis, and provide training to key stakeholders impacted by planning and forecasting activities.
- Develop and implement a company-wide planning/forecasting/performance reporting system, including One Stream and other tools.
- Monitor and track actual versus plan/forecast results.
- Develop approach to prepare the multi-year strategic financial plan in consultation with Operating Group Business Managers and ICF’s Strategy department.
- Provide earnings call support including schedule control, compiling data and preparing Q&A.
Performance Reporting and Analysis:
- Oversee and provide functional design requirements for the IT systems used to generate performance reporting information including One Steam and other tools. Drive implementation of new performance reports.
- Prepare monthly executive review packages and Board of Director financial packages.
- Prepare quarterly financial analysis to support the earnings calls.
- Perform detailed analysis of operations performance including indirect rate trends-highlighting areas for improvement.
- Prepare year-end bonus analysis and financial accrual.
Forward Pricing Rates:
- Manage Forward Pricing Rate planning process and development of supporting tools. Prepare Forward Pricing submission annually.
- Work with relevant auditors and support the Forward Pricing Audits.
- Monitor, analyze and report on actual versus plan performance with regard to all indirect rates.
- Oversee and provide requirements for indirect cost structure study and potential restructure in support of financial accounting system conversion needs and timeframe.
- Ensure the CEO, CBO and CFO receives relevant financial operational status information.
- Drive effective working practices and close liaison with the Operating Group Finance Staff, providing training and continuous mentorship on best practices.
- Prepare and analyze bi-weekly labor utilization reporting and oversee the production of revenue waterfall forecasts.
- Coordinate and drive content of monthly performance review meetings
- Review and analyze monthly operations results; understand and summarize issues
M&A Financial Analysis and Special Projects:
- Collaborate with the M&A department to prepare financial forecasts for Target companies and consolidate internal and target forecasts.
- Ensure that Valuation Model/Forecast from M&A department and Operating Group plan/forecast are consistent. Evaluate the financial impact of Targets on ICF’s project performance and indirect rate structure.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 15+years of experience of financial analysis, preferably including 5+ years of experience as a leader in an FP&A function.
- 5+ years of direct staff management experience and proven ability to effectively lead resources from other parts of the company.
- Experience building, leading and developing a high-performing team of financial professionals is essential.
- Successful experience in leading the functional design and implementation of a financial forecasting and performance management reporting systems and tools.
- Demonstrated expertise of financial analysis and corporate finance theory and application.
- Demonstrated expertise with financial modeling skills, including experience consolidating budgets, forecasts, and longer-range plans.
- Experience creating, communicating, executing and sustaining strategic initiatives across complex organizations.
- Experience with government accounting regulations and related indirect rate structures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or CFA
- Experience working in Federal, Commercial, and International consulting
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated high emotional intelligence, a passion for teamwork, and a rigorous drive for results to address the challenges of strategic financial leadership in a fast growth environment.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with extensive experience writing both technical financial opinions and clear communications of financial principles to a non-financial audience.
- Superb analytical and qualitative strategic thinking capabilities and outstanding influencing and collaboration skills.
- High level of integrity and values, including compliance with all legal and ethical standards.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)