Senior Portfolio Manager
ICF looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager with a strong consulting background who has a keen ability to manage project delivery, grow the business, act as a thought leader and manage operations. The Portfolio Manager will act as a key liaison between client representatives and our internal teams for delivery to a set of strategic clients. You will be client facing and will be helping to continue and strengthen long term relationships with the customer. You will provide strategic technical vision and contribute to the development of the client’s strategic business plans by understanding the future direction of their organization, the industry, and the customer's business. In doing so, you will assist the client in thinking through their strategic vision, guide ICF team members with technical direction, and achieve program goals within budget and timeline objectives. Additionally, the individual will also work with the internal teams to assist with business development activities to grow new and existing accounts. This position has remote flexibility due to COVID-19.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Grow the pipeline through identification and qualification of new business opportunities and align with the strategic priorities. Track business development metrics and share/analyze insights with business leaders to drive BD activity
- The candidate will assist with the Public Sector’s capture efforts across the federal marketplace. This includes identifying new opportunities and maintain current work, assist with capture research, build an effective capture capability across the environment and work thru transition from capture to proposal
- Manage and maintain relationships within client organizations to identify potential opportunities and acquisition changes or trends
- Participate in proposal writing and lead the team thru the actual phases. Ability to participate in technical challenges, ideate solutions and lead teams thru orals
- Participate in business planning activities to include quarterly pipeline and gate reviews; as well as proposal reviews
- Oversee major capture activities from inception to win by leading senior-level engagement with end customers, primes and partners in collaboration with other ICF leaders.
- The ability to gain internal support, operate independently, and establish solid working relationships with senior leadership, peers, and staff.
- Be present in the market and a representative senior leader of our firm. Use your knowledge of the industry to position ICF’s point of view in a meaningful and strategic way.
- Critical thinking skills to gather and analyze information from a variety of sources. Develops and tests solutions to complex problems and leads by doing rather than delegating. Candidate should be able to motivate and energize teams to produce winning solutions and apply a strong client perspective as a driving force behind business decisions.
- Work with direct reports and larger team in helping achieve organization goals. Also evaluate and assist with short term and long terms goal setting.
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
- Team leadership skills, ability to manage by influence. Strong meeting facilitation skills. Strong verbal and editing/writing skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed mode with varied team sizes. Work with staff to facilitate timely delivery of excellent quality work products
- Manage project administration tasks like budget review, planning, road maps and overall strategy
- Leverage current and emerging technologies and innovation tools and strategies to strengthen our level of engagement with our clients to promote growth and help us right size, optimize, and be ever more efficient and innovative in delivering solutions
- Work with clients and organizations to build strategic vision, approach to execute the vision and continued tracking in a short term and long-term mode. Ability to pivot and strategize on short notice depending on client needs and mission
- Ability to work closely with technical team and validate solution architecture design, including assisting with planning the implementation timelines and communicate with stakeholders appropriately
- Work with immediate team and stakeholders to identify and mitigate delivery risk in a timely manner. Develop and own a strong communication plan to ensure immediate team members and stakeholders stay in sync
- Exposure to various delivery methods including agile scrum, Kanban, traditional waterfall and hybrid approaches as needed
- Should have exposure modernizing organizations from legacy tools and tech to cloud centric solutions
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP
- Ability to create limited prototypes on occasions and conduct ideation sessions leading up to solution concept
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 years of direct work experience in project or program management
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud platforms, application development, data management solutions including BigData and AI/ML
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Demonstrated experience with the software development cycle
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Proven ability to resolve issues; manage resources; interface with client representatives
- Proven ability to provide technical strategic guidance to the customer and project team
- Excellent analytical and proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives
- Skill with business research know how and other quantitative/qualitative methods
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)