Account Director (Corporate Affairs)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for an Account Director to join our growing Corporate Affairs team.
As an Account Director, you will:
- Provide strategic counsel to clients, inspire them with fresh perspective and ensure clients are receiving the highest level of service, value and creative thinking
- Lead the strategic and creative development of corporate communications campaigns from inception to execution and subsequent measurement of impact
- Identify and manage client problems such as client/agency relations, budgets, etc.
- Grow current account business and develop new opportunities for the agency
- Inspire, manage and mentor account teams and direct reports
- Liaise and partner with other offices and practices within the agency
- Participate in business development efforts
As an Account Director, you will have:
- 7-10 years of related professional work experience spanning all disciplines of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Communications, including media relations, executive communications, internal communications and issues management. Sustainability/CSR and public affairs experience is a plus.
- Exceptional presentation skills; written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional management and mentoring skills
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of clients and agency leadership
- Ability to quickly digest client business needs and provide strategic communications, business and marketing recommendations effectively
- Extensive knowledge of communications industry trends and standards
- Understanding of digital communications best practices and how digital channels fit into corporate communications
- Ability to quickly integrate into client and agency teams; high-level decision making skills and abilities
- Understanding of agency as a business and ability to run accounts profitably
- Bachelor degree, preferably in advertising, public relations, journalism or communications, or equivalent industry experience. Master’s degree a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience executing cross-discipline integrated campaigns a plus
- Experience developing brand partnerships and content strategies a plus
- Demonstrates knowledge of and passion for the industry, trustworthiness and an entrepreneurial spirit
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL12)