Wind Energy Engineer
Wind Energy Engineer
ICF is seeking a motivated Wind Energy Engineer with experience in wind turbine technology and/or performance modeling. As the Wind Energy Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting expansion of our services within the wind industry and contributing to the work of our growing team in the field of Independent Engineering and Owners Advisory, with a focus in land-based and off-shore wind developments. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s private sector, Independent Engineering, and Owners Advisory business segments by building on our established team.
The selected candidate will execute and/or lead project work related to project development and due diligence including evaluating wind turbine technology and associated balance of system components, site conditions and turbine suitability, wind resource assessment, and overall system integration. The selected candidate will support technical analysis of supply and construction contracts, construction and O&M plans, warranties, and pro forma models in support of the due diligence of renewable energy projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other applicable discipline.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the renewable energy industry, 2+ years in the wind industry.
- Strong understanding of wind turbine technology, tower design, and performance and siting considerations.
- Knowledge of due diligence and risk assessment process.
- Understanding of project contracts including power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, supply contracts, balance of plant construction contracts, and operations and maintenance contracts.
- Experience with developing or reviewing project capital cost estimates and/or monitoring project construction.
- Experience reviewing wind resource and net generation estimates.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the renewable energy industry. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing independent analysis and review of greenfield and operational generation facilities.
- Experience in writing industry based technical papers (e.g. white papers).
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance and ability to thrive in group solutions
- A willingness to dive into a new topic and learn as-needed to answer various technical questions
- Passion for the energy industry
- A passion for solving complex problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Capability to extract tends and extrapolate understand from a set of data
- An interest and willingness for learning new technologies
- Advanced MS Office Suite experience.
- A desire to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Exceptional data management, research, and analytical skills.
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts while also being able to communicate them to varied audiences
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment and a capability to prioritize tasks
- Expect 20-30% travel.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)