@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Writer / Editor.
As a Writer / Editor, you will:
- Collaborate seamlessly with senior NCI staff, leadership, and stakeholders in the development of strategic communications including speeches, slide presentations, blog posts, feature-length articles, social media content and more.
- Contribute to discussions of appropriate content, tactics, and strategies by researching the anticipated audience.
- Consolidate guidance and resources to develop speeches, initial message, remarks, and slide presentations for Institute leaders.
- Collaborate with external partners and host organization to refine content, tone, format, and timeline for deliverables.
- Attend events when needed to support leadership and provide other onsite support as needed. Gather post-event feedback and incorporate lessons learned into process and future materials.
- Prepare media Q&A’s, talking points, and issue messaging for internal dissemination and discussion.
- Develop blog posts and other feature-length articles presenting leadership views.
- Prepare social media posts including tweets for posting by leadership accounts. May include pre-determined content as well as emerging issues with minimal lead-time. This task requires sensitivity to individual “voice” as opposed to institutional posts, both in content selection and word craft.
- Convert technical language in a clear, concise manner that is understood in "layman's terms" and assist in establishing style guidelines and standard
- Research, write, edit, and proofread documents to ensure information is clear, concise, and compliant with established formatting guidelines.
- Proactively drive requests to completion, raising issues and concerns in real-time.
- Implement communication strategies and tactics to reach and engage audiences to increase visibility of government data, programs, resources, and materials.
As a Writer / Editor, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years of communications experience, government experience preferred.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; familiarity with OneDrive and Teams also a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing written material about science or biomedical research using academic literature and other sources, and/or writing for federal or state government agencies, especially senior-level officials.
- Experience interacting with clients and facilitating their needs.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rhode Island Remote Off (RI99)