Environmental Planner Bay Area
Associate Environmental Planner
San Francisco or San Jose, CA
The primary duties of the Associate Environmental Planner are to assist with project/program coordination and impact analyses for land use development, transportation/transit, infrastructure, energy and water projects. At minimum, the position includes conducting research, preparation of technical documents & deliverables, and coordination with internal staff (management, planning, and technical) as well as external clients and public/private agencies. This role includes working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and supporting multiple project managers, in different offices, on a variety of project types. In particular, relevant work and educational experience in the planning/land use and/or transportation/transit sectors would be most relevant.
- Conduct research; write proficiently; and manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines and budget constraints.
- Assist with preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products.
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to: demonstrated consistency and reliability, timeliness in meeting project deadlines, communicate clearly and concisely, and work responsibly – on a team or independently.
- Assist with public outreach activities, including presenting, as well as implementing communication strategies and providing technical support for website and social media updates
- Manage multiple meetings with a variety of stakeholders
- Prepare agendas and staff reports
- Represent ICF to key sector clients in a professional manner at all times
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional work related experience.
- Experience preparing environmental analyses for CEQA/NEPA documents, particularly land use development and transportation/transit projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and other environmental principles.
- Experience working under the direction of transportation/transit agencies, state/county/city planning agencies, or regulatory agencies in the State of California.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to take direction, and willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail.
- Commitment to producing quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in working with internal staff and external clients, members of the general public, and government officials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience within an environmental consulting setting.
- Work experience and familiarity with planning projects/programs in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Business development experience OR willingness to learn.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Francisco, CA (CA78)